La Cañada Congregational Church is now accepting applications for a part-time Associate Pastor to Children and Students. The essential functions of this role includes:
• Working with the senior pastor to consider and implement strategies for the continued development of the spiritual growth of the congregation and the organization’s overall health.
• Developing our ministry to children and students, including instruction on Sunday mornings, recreational activities, and outreach to the wider community.
• Recruiting, training, and advising volunteers within the children and student ministries, as well as supervising any paid staff within these ministries.
• Providing pastoral care and spiritual direction to our students and their families.
In addition to this role (at 15 hr/wk), the Associate Pastor would fulfill one of the following functions:
Communications (10 hr/wk)
• Manage the church’s social media presence (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) with regular updates.
• Maintain the church website, including designing sermon series art, editing and uploading sermons, and updating the church online calendar.
• Writing press releases for local publication.
• Preparing weekly newsletter and weekly bulletin insert.
Pastoral Care (10 hr/wk)
• Follow up with Sunday guests and those who have been absent from our Sunday worship gatherings.
• Maintain contact with the infirm who are unable to engage with the church body.
• Oversee the Prayer Ministry volunteers.
• Develop and maintain a system for pastoral visits and contacts.
Worship Arts (10 hr/wk)
• Oversee the Director of Music and serve as chief liturgist for worship gatherings.
• Incorporate artistic expressions that assist in worship.
• Develop art experiences that engage the wider community in experiences of beauty and creativity.